Sunday, February 16, 2014
Top 5 Quinoa Nutrition Facts
Top 5 Quinoa Nutrition Facts
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Tina_Abbotts]Tina Abbotts
Did you know that Quinoa is one healthy grain that can serve as a complete food for you? No need to wonder why it is considered a super food. Quinoa is packed with nutrients essential for the body. For more many ages and up to now, this super food has been one of the vital sources of nutrition for the Incas in the Andean Region of South America.
It is being used by mothers of the Incas tribe in feeding their infants, and was popular as stamina-providers for their warriors who fought long battles thousands of years ago. Even up to now; Quinoa grains are sufficient substitute from the lack of animal protein in the Andean Region.
Quinoa is filled with protein, lysine and vitamin E. It is high in calcium and fiber. Aside from that, it will provide you carbohydrates that will boost your energy and will help you regulate that eating habit.
Below are five Quinoa nutrition facts with explanations on how Quinoa super food can maintain a healthy lifestyle for you. Read on and be amazed.
1. Quinoa super food is a good source of non-meat protein. Vegetarian; or are you simply looking for a non-meat diet? Then this super food is for you because it contains high amounts of protein (an essential nutrient that comes from animal meat). The protein that comes from Quinoa belongs to albumin and globulin, which have a balanced composition of essential amino acids similar to the composition of casein or the protein of milk. This means the protein coming from this grain is packed with the right nutrients to help alleviate diseases and disorders, as well as make those organisms functioning well and those muscles to develop as this nutrient is responsible for growth and repair of tissues.
2. Quinoa super food is packed with minerals and one of them is calcium. No one wants to have a hunched back, old or young, and everybody wants their bones to be strong and to function well. Quinoa is the solution for you, due to the high content of calcium in its grains. Aside from making your bones strong, calcium also eases insomnia and is very helpful in regulating the passage of nutrients through the cell walls. Without calcium, your blood won't clot, your muscles will get weak and will not be able to contract, and your nerves will never be able to carry messages.
3. Quinoa super food provides you energy because of its carbohydrate content. The carbohydrate nutrient coming from Quinoa grain is very ideal for diabetics because carbohydrates are known to correct level of blood sugars. This nutrient found in this super food is also good health and diet-conscious individuals. I know you might be surprised as to how carbohydrates can make you lose or maintain a healthy weight - but those are bad carbs. The good ones, which are slow releasing and very easy to digest, are found in Quinoa. You will find day with fewer amounts of craving for junk food and low on hunger spasms, unlike when you are on that low-calorie diet.
4. Quinoa super food has a concentration of Vitamin E. We all know what antioxidants can do for us - it liberates us from free radicals that cause great damage to our skin and heightens our risk of developing cancer. Vitamin E is one antioxidant, found in Quinoa. It which works on the cell membrane level protecting its fatty acids which then helps protect you against cardiovascular diseases by defending against LDL oxidation and artery-clogging plaque formation.
5. Quinoa super food is high in fiber. Finally, another Quinoa nutrition fact I want to share, but definitely not the least (and also not the last from the long list of nutrients and benefits you can get from Quinoa), is the high fiber you can find in its grains. Fiber, as you may not yet know increases bowel movement - making you burn those fats easier and faster thus making your body absorb its needed nutrients quicker. It is also very friendly to pre-menopausal women as it lowers the risk of developing breast cancer by 52%. And because this fiber is insoluble, it also prevents gallstones due to the fact that it speeds intestinal transit time, and it increases insulin sensitivity and lowers triglycerides (blood fats).
So, if you are on a diet, a diabetic, someone who wants to gain those muscles, sports-minded and wants a high-energy regime or someone who just wants to live healthy, then Quinoa is definitely for you!
Tina Abbotts is a health and fitness advocate and has discovered a whole new way of eating healthy. Discover more [http://www.quinoarecipescenter.com/quinoa-nutrition-facts]Quinoa nutrition facts and its many health benefits now.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Top-5-Quinoa-Nutrition-Facts&id=5713808] Top 5 Quinoa Nutrition Facts