Wednesday, January 8, 2014
7 Simple Tips to Help You Kick Your Sugar Habits Good-Bye This January!
7 Simple Tips to Help You Kick Your Sugar Habits Good-Bye This January! (And Forever)
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Christine_M_Esters]Christine M Esters
Sugar, you either love it or hate it. However, I have yet to meet one person who doesn't love this sweet treat. Whether it's in cake, coffee or tea, sugar is an added staple to some of the most tantalizing dishes and desserts. Yet, sugar is one of the main culprits that contributes to some disheartening health conditions such as diabetes, obesity, nutritional deficiency, asthma, allergies, ADHD, anxiety, depression and a myriad of other deficiencies and health conditions. But why do people love sugar so much?
Sugar is just as addictive as illegal drugs
It's just not about the sweet taste that sugar has to offer, but it's more about the pleasure center that this sweet crystalline substance sends to our brain. Numerous studies have shown that sugar is just as addictive as cocaine, because sugar stimulates the brain the same way drugs do. In fact, one research project conducted by the students and faculty at Connecticut College proved this to be true. According to the study, they gave some rats double stuffed Oreos, and some rat's cocaine. They quickly found that by eating the Oreos, the rats activated more neurons in the brains pleasure center. What's even more shocking: The neurons were more present in the consumption of Oreos than it was in the consumption of cocaine. When people increase their sugar intake, they are releasing the "feel good" chemicals; dopamine and serotonin. There's no secret that sugar is highly addictive!
How can you overcome your sugar addiction?
There's hope for those of you who are addicted to sugar. If you are, don't sweat it, because I have 7 simple tips to help you end your craving for this pleasure filled substance.
1. Slim & Sassy Essential Oil- The name says it all. This unique blend of lemon, peppermint,
Grapefruit, ginger, and cinnamon will have you saying "what's sugar?" in no time! Not only does it curb your sugar cravings, but it also suppresses your appetite as well as shrinks your fat cells. As you can see this essential oil is a must to have at all times.
2. Eat Whole and Organic Foods- In this dog eat dog world, it's so easy to get sidetracked and not eat foods that nourish our souls and our minds. Instead, we hit the easy button and opt to serve processed and packaged meals to our family and loved ones. The challenge is that most of these processed meals are packed with hidden sugars and other culprits that contribute to poor health. Ditch those nasty cardboard lunches and dinners, and replace them with whole and satisfying fruits and vegetables. Make sure you eat fruits that are low on the glycemic index and a small amount of sugar to get the best results.
3. Exercise - Most of the time, when people are craving sugar, they are craving something more. They are usually craving, connection, happiness and/or belonging. In most cases, they are looking to feel good. So, instead of going for that sweet treat, go for a quick run outside or on the treadmill. Why? Because when you keep physically active, your body releases chemicals known as endorphins. They send pleasure centers to your brain giving you a feeling of pure happiness and some even say a "natural high".
4. Use Natural Alternatives- Sometimes it can be quite difficult to go without sugar. Imagine drinking coffee or tea without some kind of sweetness to it. While some people are brave and can have their coffee and tea with nothing extra, you can do something differently. There are natural and healthy alternatives like cinnamon and/or coconut oil that you can use to replace sugar for your favorite drinks.
5. Journal - Kicking a sugar habit can be a daunting task. The first step to realizing you have a sugar addiction is to become aware of the times you eat and crave sugar. The perfect way to keep track of your sugar cravings is to write them down. Carry a journal with you at all times and take notice of when you are craving sugar. When you can journal and ask yourself thought provoking questions, you will be able to identify if it's really a sugar craving or a craving for something deeper that is not related to food. By writing down your thoughts, you will be able to control the urge to consume more sugar.
6. Simply don't eat sugar- I know this can be a difficult task to accomplish. But, I am here to tell you it's doable. With a little will power and motivation, you will be able to throw out sugar like it was yesterday's trash. Before you eat any type of food, make sure you read labels for hidden sugars. Be mindful of every type of food, vegetable or snack you put in your mouth. Only choose to eat foods that don't have any sugar in them at all.
7. Dilution - Sometimes, your brain will tell you that you must absolutely have to have sugar. If there is no way that you can give up sugar completely, simply follow the rule of dilution. Whether you have a fruit juice or sugary drink, fill up half of the drink with water. By adding water, you are cutting your sugar intake in half. Once you dilute your drinks long enough, you will probably start craving non-sugary drinks and forget about sugar all together!
Whether you are kicking your sugar habit to lose weight, be healthier or prolong your life, you can follow these 7 simple tips and start to notice the difference immediately. The key is to not only kick your sugar habit for your new year's resolution, but eliminate sugar out of your diet for the rest of your life. By doing so, your body, mind and soul will thank you.
If you are ready to release toxins, lose stubborn pounds, restore your energy and supercharge your life- It's time for a cleanse. Give Christine 10 days and she will give you a lifetime of feeling lighter and sexier. To schedule a Free Consultation visit http://www.adventureinwellbeing.com
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?7-Simple-Tips-to-Help-You-Kick-Your-Sugar-Habits-Good-Bye-This-January!-(And-Forever)&id=8176499] 7 Simple Tips to Help You Kick Your Sugar Habits Good-Bye This January! (And Forever)