Tuesday, April 8, 2014
10 Dynamite Healthy Snack Foods
10 Dynamite Healthy Snack Foods
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=J._R._Anderson]J. R. Anderson
We all need quick snacks we can chow-down when we are in a hurry (and we just need healthy snacks in general). I'm not talking about grabbing a cheese burger or a candy bar. Having healthy foods ready can be the difference between sticking with your nutrition plan or buying a bigger belt! Check out these ten healthy snacks!
1. Peanut butter and banana slices on crackers/rice cakes - I love the combination of peanut butter and bananas. It gives you a prolonged energy boost when you are experiencing that afternoon crash! You can either have this on rice cakes or use your favorite cracker!
2. Greek yogurt and fruit - A small bowl of Greek yogurt and blueberries, raspberries, or even peach slices is simply amazing! This also provides you with a ton of energy, protein, calcium, and probiotics! You can even add some cashews or almonds to the mix!
3. Celery with peanut butter and almond slices/raisins - Talk about deliciousness for relatively low amount of calories! Get the energy boost from the peanut butter and nuts/raisins for a relatively low amount of calories! Plus they are incredibly easy to make, anyone can do it!
4. Watermelon slices with mixed nuts - Any combination of fruits and nuts like pistachios, almonds, and almonds make for an amazing snack that you can put in a container and easily take to work! Experiment with a combination of the two!
5. Horseradish roast beef on cucumber slices - The horseradish gives it a perfect amount of spiciness to combat the cooling sensation of the cucumbers! Plus the roast beef (or smoked salmon as pictured) adds a nice salty flavor (plus protein).
6. Whole grain bread, peach slices, peanut butter, and sliced almonds - This is the whole package on one slice of bread. I prefer this with toasted bread and normal peanut butter to provide you with a powerhouse of energy, protein, and numerous vitamins and minerals!
7. Peanut butter, nuts, in between two apple slices - Make an amazing snack sandwich out of apple slices with peanut butter and other mixed nuts! Simple to make and really provides you a good dose of protein and energy!
8. Black beans, garden salsa, and pita chips - I love pita chips (cinnamon pita pictured here) and salsa but when you combine it with black beans (or any other beans) you get a protein and energy boost that will stick around awhile (slower digesting)! Or you can simply add the two to any Mexican dish you have!
9. Meat (ham/roast beef) wrapped mozzarella- If you need something to hold you over until your next meal try this! All you need are a few string-cheese mozzarella sticks and a pack of ham or roast beef! Wrap the two and BOOM energy and sustenance!
10. Avocado, black bean, sweet potato, garden salsa burrito - Add a little Mexican flavor to your diet! This can easily be a meal in itself! As if you were creating a normal burrito, use avocado, black beans, brown rice, sweet potatoes (will give it a salty and sweet taste), plus fresh garden salsa to have a dynamite snack or meal!
These snacks are perfect because they can be made in no time, put in a container, and taken to work! Make some of these incredible, healthy snacks today!
For more amazing nutrition and fitness information, visit [http://www.alwaysactiveathletics.com]Always Active Athletics where you will find your #1 source for at-home fitness!
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?10-Dynamite-Healthy-Snack-Foods&id=8424623] 10 Dynamite Healthy Snack Foods