Tuesday, March 18, 2014
10 Healthy Work Snacks
10 Healthy Work Snacks
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Gregory_L_Gomez]Gregory L Gomez
If you are focusing on eating in a more nutritious manner, it is crucial that you take into consideration eating healthy work snacks and beverages. The unprepared person will generally resort to vending machine purchases and unfortunately 90% of what's found there are unhealthy items such as potato chips and soda. These are definitely not appropriate snacks for the person wanting to eat in a more healthy manner which is why it's important to be prepared.
If may not seem like much, but if you are able to cut one 12oz. soda out of your daily diet, you will lose an average of 15 pounds per year! It's those small changes that are cumulative and end up with HUGE weight loss results.
Therefore in order to help prevent you from regularly eating unhealthy snacks while you are at work, here are 10 healthy work snacks that are easy to bring with you from home and take very little time to prepare.
Here are 10 Healthy Work Snacks Simple to Prepare
1) Fruit: you can bring whole fruit or cut into pieces to make a nice mixture for a variety of tastes. Store in the refrigerator or freezer in plastic bags/containers so they are ready to go in an instant.
2) Whole Wheat Crackers & Peanut Butter: you can prepare these at home and simply put in bags or travel containers. You'll be surprised at how filling 3 cracker peanut butter sandwiches with water are.
3) Veggies with Lite Ranch: carrots, celery, and lite ranch. Great tasting and nutritious!
4) Popcorn with Parmesan Cheese: microwave popcorn and sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and you have a tasty low calorie snack.
5) Almonds & Raisins: a delicious sweet/dry combination rich in protein.
6) Whole Wheat Pitas with Humus: You can even make your own humus out of garbanzo beans along with other ingredients you enjoy.
7) String Cheese w/ Whole Wheat Crackers: Quick, easy, and tasty plus 6 grams of protein and only 80 calories per stick!
8) Whole Wheat English Muffin w/ Peanut Butter: another quick yet satisfying healthy work snack. You can even sweeten with honey if you'd like.
9) Instant Oatmeal: great source of fiber and you can sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon for added flavor.
10) Granola Bars: handy, quick, and already prepackaged. Tons of varieties to choose from so look closely at the options to find ones you enjoy.
These Are 10 Healthy Work Snacks Easy to Prepare and Store!
If you take a moment to prepare a number of healthy work snacks and keep them all stocked in your refrigerator, you can quickly grab them in the morning before leaving. You will find that most of these snacks only range between 100-250 calories which is perfect for a light yet filling treat in between meals.
Get in the habit of drinking a large bottle of water with your snack and your hunger will be taken care of until your next meal. To ensure you are never without water, try to keep a pack of travel 20 oz. water bottles at or near your workplace/office. If that's not possible, keeping a pack in the trunk of your car, or bringing a thermos with you are other options you may want to consider.
Always try to combine your snacks with a nice bottle of plain drinking water. By choosing healthy work snacks to eat during the day you will potentially be saving your body of 400+ calories per snacking instance when compared to your past choices! That adds up to quite a bit when you take into account the days, weeks, and months of snacking. Remember your weight loss success will be determined by the cumulative number of decisions over weeks and months so don't underestimate the importance of healthy work snacks and the impact they can have on your life.
Gregory L. Gomez, M. Ed, an elementary school teacher for 13 years, now on a mission to develop a healthy life, lose weight, and finally get in shape. Follow his progress on http://healthychoicesinlife.com as he strives to lose 60 pounds through dedicated exercise and healthy eating. Get a FREE monthly Healthy Choices Newsletter along with FREE Healthy Eating Ebook just for stopping by at [http://healthychoicesinlife.com/programs]http://healthychoicesinlife.com/programs.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?10-Healthy-Work-Snacks&id=8080852] 10 Healthy Work Snacks